Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Plugging away on starvation play



I've been doing a little bit more research about the Minnesota Starvation Experiment. There are still a few historical questions that I still need to find out. Did all of the men sleep in the dorms, for example? Did any of them live off campus? How many hours per day did they have to stay at the lab? I think I may need to go to the University of Minnesota Archive. That's the source of the above film footage. I've been thinking lately about using some video projection in my piece. The only problem is that I don't have a projector, and have absolutely no knowledge about how to set something like that up. However, as my boyfriend said to me the other day: "if your play needs to have projections, you'll figure out a way to have projections." Certainly it seems possibly easier than my other idea of acquiring a treadmill, a vintage scale, and other vintage labratory items to be used or a montage sequence. I could instead of the real objects use projections juxtaposed with movement. So we'll see.

In any case, here are a couple of other links I was reading today:


http://americanradioworks.publicradio.org/features/wwii/a2.html

http://junkfoodscience.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-weve-came-to-believe-that.html

1 comment:

  1. Go to the Archives! I know some of the people, they are great.

    ReplyDelete