Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year! I'm not feeling quite as enthusiastic about this year's fresh beginning as I usually am at the beginning of January. That's in part because I'm still smoking, despite several recent attempts to quit. I am drinking a LOT less, however, and TRYING to cut down on the cigs. I'm also a tad disappointed in myself with how little theater I did this year. I started out strongly, performing with Teatro del Pueblo at Orchestra Hall, but that was pretty much the only play I was a part of, though I was in one other small improvisational project and acted in a short film, which was screened at the Minneapolis Underground Film Festival. I did make some strides with my writing: contributing to the Star Tribune, which has been fabulous, and contributing to Hyperallergic, Classical MPR, City Pages, etc. I've had some bigger projects that I've felt proud about, which somewhat makes up for my lack of creative output. In 2016, I do have a project in the works that is going to end up as a video series. I'm thinking about race, and about being a white ally. My boyfriend is helping me out to create a video series that looks into these topics in short, informative and hopefully entertaining video snippets. How will we pay for this? I'm not sure, but I'm excited to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment