Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Poem

This has nothing to do with the current project. This is a poem I wrote in response to Robert Karimi's status on Facebook asking for a poem about Liberace, mermaids and banana stands.

It's dedicated to my friends Joan and Allison and Tom:


We laughed. We couldn’t hear it very well.
The movie, at a hotel bar.
The one about Liberace. With Matt Damon, though he was too old for the part of the guy who’s in jail now. Sad.
But we screeched hysterically anyway.
Until one of us,
Not me.
Said. Stop.
This is incredibly sad.
We kept drinking. Even as the other customers complained
And we moved to the next bar and the next.
Like mermaids on the streets of Minneapolis.
Until I couldn’t drink anymore.
And filled up with nachos at Little Tijuanas
And talked to some guy and then some girl
And took pictures
And there were some youtube videos I think.
Screaming with laughter. Barely able to stand.
She’s bananas, my friend.
Just bananas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment